Today I heard many people talk about sharing our stories. I truly do believe we have to be our own storytellers, but it is often much harder to do when we are the subject. I love to tell the stories of others. To share the things that I think makes them special. But today I thought I would share a little of my story with 10 things that are unique about me.
1. I am the mom of three boys and I am the girliest girl you will meet. I think God gave them to me in order for me to grow. One day I will learn the rules of football!
2. My secret junk reading is Us Weekly and OK magazine. I am not proud of this, but I just can’t help myself. I feel like to need to read them in dark places where I will not be discovered. I figure everyone needs a little candy right?!
3. I am dyslexic. It was discovered when I was in 7th grade. I compinsated until then. Things started to fall apart when I was in 5 th grade, and by 7th I was done. It was a struggle and took a while, but I finally figured out how to learn. Thank goodness my mom read to be from the time I was born. It is what saved me.
4. I love all things Tudor. I am fascinated by the time, the people, and their way of life. My son thinks it funny to tell me the Tudors must really stink. You have to love 12 year olds.
5. I love the beach. I could spend hours with my skin soaking up he sun, my toes in the sand, and the water lapping gently while the breeze blows gently across my face. It is my happy place.
6. I have a secret dream of running away and becoming a groupie for Justin Timberlake or Maroon 5. My family would understand right😀
7. I am terrified of snakes. I don’t like to see them in the wild or behind glass. I don’t know if it is the forked tounge, the hissing, or the slithering around. I just can’t stand them.
8. I can eat my weight in crawfish and/or boiled shrimp. It is the south Louisiana girl in me.
9. I swore that would never be a teacher. I was not sure what I was going to do, but I knew it would have something to do with children. But here I am amc teaching is my life’s work.
10. I can’t believe I have posted for 21 days.